Output helps you make music. We are a music software start-up that develops innovative virtual instruments for musicians, composers, producers, and sound designers across all genres. If you’ve heard tracks by the likes of Diplo, Kanye West, Drake, Coldplay, Deadmau5, London Grammar, and many more - you’ve heard our sounds. Based in Los Angeles, our HQ is in the vibrant neighborhood of Chinatown right across the street from the brand new 32 acre LA State Historic Park. We believe in taking care of our own and offer health benefits, generous paid time off, plus plenty of fun activities for the whole team. See more about us here: http://output.com/company
We are currently seeking a full time, in-house, user-experience designer responsible for translating ideas into wireframes and prototypes. Designs will be iterated upon to ensure the best possible user experience.
We are always interested in thinking out of the box especially when it comes to the overall look, feel and experience of our music software. The symbiotic relationship between UX and UI design has been vital to the success of our products. A great UX design is nothing if it isn’t aesthetically pleasing to the eye and a great UI design is nothing if it is not presented in an easy to understand UX environment. For this reason a UX designer with strong visual design skills is a huge plus.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Identify and solve a wide assortment of UX design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision.
- Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Currently, UX designs are mainly based on stakeholder and “user” research within the company itself but in hiring a full time UX designer we welcome the opportunity to expand this further into actual user interviews and surveys.
- Collaborate with other team members in different departments: developers, UI designers, sound designers, power users, stakeholders, etc.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken English) with both technical and not-so-technical people.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design especially where usability is concerned.
- Expertise in a wireframing/prototyping software such as InVision, UXPin, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Sketch, or Principle.
- Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Comfortable using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
- Strong visual design skills: Latest trends, color, layout, grid systems and typography.
- Background in music or familiarity with music production.